Friday, June 27, 2008

Lunch at Flour

As a new BB employee, one goal I have is to sample all of the nearby restaurants. Today I met a former co-worker for lunch and she suggested the Flour Bakery and Cafe.

As we approached the restaurant, I could tell that Flour was my kind of restaurant. The aroma of freshly baked pastries filled the air near Congress Street. The broccoli-bacon quiche special on the menu caught my attention, but I went with a BLT and a chocolate-filled croissant.

Mmmmmmmm, good.

Need I say more? While a little pricey, the food was tasty. I expect that the bakery and I will soon become best friends. Any place that serves several chocolate pastries is on my list. And, I want to return to sample that quiche.

We sat on the waterfront benches and ate outdoors near Children's Museum. This time, I was not blessed by any of the seagulls.

No comments: